Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Lunch at Silke's Old World Bakery

Today was a really good day... Why you ask? Because I was able to meet my lovely nana for lunch and manicures (yes, she spoils me). We decided to eat at a place we've always talked about going, but for some reason haven't tried out: Silke's Old World Breads.

The atmosphere was quaint. The prices reasonable. The company enjoyable. The food fantastic.

I think I have found my second favorite place to eat in Clarksville (after the Blackhorse of course). The menu was filled with many different sandwiches, soups, and salads. After much deliberation, we chose to share a homemade pizza and a bread bowl with potato soup.
Here's a picture of our meal:


If you like bread than Silke's is the place for you! If you don't like bread, well you probably aren't American, and most definitely not Southern. Silke's won't have your typical biscuit, but they do appear to have a multitude of other choices to fill your bread craving. Honestly, I just want to go back and sample each type of bread.


me + chocolate truffle 

Or maybe I want to go back and sample every type of dessert. Did I mention the huge selection of desserts? As you can see, I sampled one of their truffles. It kind of really just melted in my mouth.. Basically I think I could have ate about 5 more. 

If you haven't been to Silke's Old World Breads, you should go. As in go, RIGHT NOW! Seriously, drop whatever you are doing and head on down to Clarksville to try this place out. On your way, though, you better stop and pick me up from APSU! I probably won't be too happy if you go without me....


Silke's Old World Bakery
1214 A and B College Street
Clarksville, TN 37040
Check out their Facebook page for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment